Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Vanilla Chai Overnight OIAJ

I am at that point with the foods in my cabinets when everything is nearing the end of the contents, and a serious nutrition store shopping spree is in need. I am out of all my good protein powder and flax seeds and had just enough oats to make a quick overnight oats for tomorrow morning. It had a vanilla base, so I decided to add some chai tea to mix up the flavors! Hope you like this simple concaucion. 

Start by brewing some Chai tea. I use Twinnings for most of my hot tea, and love the spice from their Chai. I only used 1/4c of water to brew, because I wanted a nice strong flavor. Allow to steep while putting together your oats. 

In a mason jar mix:

1/2c Bob's Gluten Free Oats
1/2c egg whites
1/4c Fage 0%
1tbsp Chia Seeds
1/3 Medium banana 
2tbsp Vanilla Coconut Coffee creamer
1/4tsp vanilla extract
2 packets stevia (I use Truvia)

Mix together, including the 1/4c brewed Chai. Cover and refrigerate till morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment