Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Spicy Cauliflower Egg White Muffins

I have been staring at a head of cauliflower in my refrigerator for the last week wondering what I was going to make. It became a necessity when I was slapped with a pungent smell after opening the fridge door last night. I love cauliflower, but could do without the smell! 

I decided to put a twist on my Saffron Cauliflower Protein Muffins (recipe in previous posts).  Something spicy! 

Ingredients: 
3/4 cauliflower head grated 
1 cup egg whites
1/2tbsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tbsp turmeric 
1/4 tbsp Mrs Dash Tomato Basil
1/2-3/4cup grated cheese of choice
Black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350°

Mix all ingredients together and fill cupcake tin 3/4 full. I made the mistake of filling to the top. They still turned out, but not as uniformed. 

Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool and enjoy. Makes 8 "muffins."

No comments:

Post a Comment