Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sweet Eggs first thing in the morning



I have the worst habits around the holidays. It all starts with Halloween and the buckets of candy my children bring home. I try to remove as much as possible, but there is still too much and I can't pretend like it doesn't exist. I sneak one or two pieces from time to time. The sugar just sends me in to a tailspin causing cravings and withdrawals, making me want more and MORE! Last night was no exception as I made my nightly cup of tea. I just love a piece of chocolate with hot tea! Since I fell asleep shortly after having my little treat, I woke with raging cravings for sugar! I immediately wanted to walk to the cabinet where the Halloween cabinet is hidden, but I had to stop the madness. It was one of those mornings when you tell yourself it's "You vs. You" and that is what I did. While the kids were asking for their over easy eggs, I decided the best thing to do was make some delicious sweet eggs and today's creation was awesome! 

Here is the recipe;
1c egg whites (I was hungry!)
1/4tsp butter extract
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp cinnamon
2-4 packets stevia
1/4c fat free ricotta cheese
1/4c oat bran

I scrambled all the ingredients together until well cooked and drizzled Walden Farms Pancake Syrup on the top. My kids said it smelled like french toast and loved it too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment